Microgrid Certification Training
Microgrid Certification Training
Microgrid Certification Training program is a three months course taught in distance learning /Online learning mode. This program equivalent to the Solar Technician ITI course is designed to train technicians who can install, commission, operate and maintain the solar micro-grid system.
We ensure Micro grid technicians are equipped with the know-how and best practices to install solar plants, which provides end customers with an assurance that they will receive a high-quality installation. The tailored certification for Microgrid Certification Training puts you at the forefront of best practices.
Microgrid technology is an advanced technology developed in recent years as a critical competence of traditional power networks with reliable and efficient operation across a wide range of industries. The ability to deliver the technical information of smart grids to the right audience at the right time is a valuable skill, especially for those engaged in the field of power systems.
Course Description for Microgrid Certification Training
All participants will understand the basics of microgrid operation and should be able to understand the solar photovoltaic panels, wind farms, and battery energy storage systems.
You will also learn:
- Transformers in microgrids
- Different types of load in microgrids
- Fault tolerance in microgrids
- Cost benefits regarding microgrids
- Hybrid microgrids
- Microgrid stability assessment and protection
- Batteries in solar panels
- Different types of PV modules
- PV strings
- Hybrid PV systems
- Pulse width modulation techniques in microgrids
- Power voltage curves for PV system
- Power curves in wind turbines
- Different types of wind turbines
- Concept of the pitch in wind farms
- Series compensation in wind parks
- Control of wind energy systems
- Concept of energy storage systems
- Applications of energy storage systems in microgrids
- Conventional energy storage systems
- Control of battery energy storage systems
- Droop control in energy storage systems
- Voltage source converters in microgrids
- Distributed loads in microgrids
- Effect of electric vehicle charging in microgrid
- Operation of storage units in islanded mode
- Virtual synchronous generator effect in islanded microgrid
- Power quality in islanded mode
- Effect of LCL filter
- Inner current loop and frequency control in islanded mode
- Control of single converter in grid-connected mode
- Master and slave control of microgrids
- Primary droop control
- Secondary voltage and frequency control in microgrids
- Primary control in wind farms, energy storage, and PV
- Power flow using tertiary control of microgrids
- Frequency restoration
- Peak shaving in microgrids
- Demand response in microgrids
- Unbalance compensation
- Voltage harmonic reduction in microgrids
- Optimal dispatch in microgrid EMS
- Monitoring devices for EMS
- Load dispatch in microgrid EMS
- Major vendors of EMS
- Photovoltaic in EMS
- Battery energy storage effect in microgrid EMS
- Centralized and decentralized EMS in microgrids
- Microgrid central controller (MGCC)
- Communicating with neighbors in a microgrid
- Synchronization of microgrid through consensus objective
- Data transfer limit between neighbors in microgrid
- Human-machine interface (HMI)
- Real-time control effect in microgrid EMS
- Optimization in microgrid EMS
- Weather forecasting
- Short-term and long-term EMS
- The electricity market in EMS
- Reliability of communications
- Time synchronization
- The openness of microgrid EMS
- Reliability and cyber security of microgrid EMS.
Microgrid Certification Training is designed for:
- All engineers who want to learn, design, or operate microgrids.
- Power traders to understand the modern microgrid technologies.
- Independent system operator personnel.
- Faculty members from academic institutes who want to teach renewable energy or microgrid courses.
- Investors and contractors who plan to make investments in the smart grid industry.
- Professionals in other energy industries.
- Marketing people need to know the background of the products they sell.
- Electric utility personnel who recently started a career in power systems or have new job responsibilities related to microgrids.
- Technicians, operators, and maintenance personnel who are or will be working at green energy-based companies.
- Managers, accountants, and executives of the power system industry.
- Scientists or non-electrical engineers involved in microgrid-related projects or proposals.
Graduate students seeking a professional career in micro-grids
- Understand the concept of micro-grids with their main components.
- Understand the operation of battery energy storage systems
- Describe the main parts and operation principles of wind farms
- Explain the operation and control of solar PV modules
- Describe the main power electronic converter types implemented in microgrids
- Understand the hierarchical control of microgrids
- Describe the differences between islanded mode and grid-connected mode operation of microgrids
- Explain the droop control methods implemented in microgrids
- Understand the voltage and frequency control algorithms in microgrids
- Describe the power control methods in islanded or grid-connected mode operation
- Understand the energy management systems (EMS) in microgrids
- Tackle different challenges related to microgrid EMS
- Understand the EMS in centralized or decentralized microgrids
- Explain the effect of data forecasting in microgrid EMS.
- Passed 12th class examination with Science and Mathematics or its equivalent
- Preference will be given to candidates working in the Solar Sector/ Related energy sector.
- Admission for this course will be conducted in TWO PHASES for the convenience of International and upcountry students.
Please note that ONCE SEATS ARE FILLED IN THE FIRST PHASE, ADMISSION FOR THE SECOND PHASE WILL NOT BE HELD.
Admission Notice – Microgrid Certification Training for the academic year 2023-24.
IISE is offering Microgrid Certification Training for the academic year 2022-23. This course is specifically designed for working professionals in the solar sector who are looking to upgrade their skills & profile as per the latest industry standards.
Admission to this course will be conducted in two phases. If the seats are filled in the first phase. Then the second phase of admission won’t be held.
- Online application start date: 02th May 2023
- The last date for application is 10th May 2023
- The last Date for Admission is 20th May 2023
Application received on or before 20th May 2023 will be shortlisted and called for admission process by the Third week of June 2022. The Exact dates will be communicated to the shortlisted candidates.
Selection for Microgrid Certification Training will be strictly on Merit. Seats are limited so students would be shortlisted on first cum first serve basis depending upon qualifications & experience. If the number of applications received is more than expected. IISE has the right to conduct an entrance exam & personal interviews to fill the vacant seats in the second phase. Originals should be presented during the personal interview stage.
If paid in full by the student, the total fee for the course is Rs 29,999/- (Rupees Twenty Nine Thousand Nine Hundred & Ninety Nine Thousand only).
Payment by monthly EMI
Students can also pay the fees through Easy Monthly Installments subject to eligibility. This facility is arranged with our banking partner. Details of the same will be shared with shortlisted candidates only.
Job Placement Assistance:
We have a dedicated job placement cell for our students. IISE students are recognized throughout the industry both for private and government jobs. The Solar sector is constantly looking to fill up the Technician roles who have successfully completed the Microgrid Certification Training ITI course.
Course Equivalency :
This course is equivalent to the following courses below.
Microgrid Certification Training course in India, Microgrid Certification Training, Microgrid Certification Training ITI course, Government Microgrid Certification Training 2020, Government certificate course in Microgrid Certification Training, Microgrid Certification Training certificate course.
To know more Please check the FAQ Tab on this page
We ensure Microgrid Certificated technicians are equipped with the know-how and best practices to install solar plants, which provides end customers with an assurance that they will receive a high-quality installation. The tailored certification training puts you at the forefront of best practices.
On successful completion of the module, you will be able to
Those completing Microgrid Certification Training can find employment in the nodal agencies of the Ministry of Non-conventional Energy Sources, voluntary agencies, and other organizations promoting the technology at district and block levels.
Entrepreneurial opportunities are also available in terms of opening shops for spare parts, servicing, and sale of solar devices.
The information above reflects the currently intended course structure and module details. Updates may be made on an annual basis and revised details will be published through Programme Specifications ahead of each academic year. The regulations governing this course are available on our website.
The original Course Fee for the training program is Rs 49,999/-
Book before 30th July 2022 and pay Rs 29,999– only – Pay Now
Similar Solar Events like Microgrid Certification Training
|Training Events||No of seats||Apply Link|
|Solar Train the Trainer Workshop||10||Apply Now|
|Five Days Solar Workshop||10||Apply Now|
|Two Days Solar Workshop for business Entrepreneurs||10||Apply Now|
|Solar Installer Training||10||Apply Now|
|Solar Practical workshop for O & M||10||Apply Now|
|Solar Off -grid Workshop||10||Apply Now|
|Fundamentals of Electric Vehicle workshop||10||Apply Now|
|Solar Health & Safety Workshop||10||Apply Now|
|Advance Electric Vehicle Training Workshop||10||Apply Now|
Solar online Program – Microgrid Certification Training
|Course Name||No of seats||Apply Link|
|PG Diploma in Solar Renewable Energy||30||Apply Now|
|Solar on grid design and installation Online Course||30||Apply Now|
|Solar for Business Entrepreneurs Online Course||30||Apply Now|
|Solar Installer Online Training||30||Apply Now|
|Fundamentals of Battery Storage Online Course||30||Apply Now|
|Solar Off -grid Online Course||30||Apply Now|
|Diploma in Solar Technology Online Course||30||Apply Now|
|Fundamentals in Electric Vehicle Technology Online Course||30||Apply Now|
|Fundamentals in Solar PV Systems Online Course||30||Apply Now|
|Solar Technician Diploma||30||Apply Now|
|Advance Electric Vehicle design Online Course||30||Apply Now|
Join these groups to get the latest Course updates:
|Our Groups||Joining Link|
|Solar Entrepreneurs – ( WhatsApp Group)||Join group|
|Solar Entrepreneurs – ( Telegram Group)||Join group|
|Follow Us on Twitter||Join Now|
|Follow Us on Facebook||Join Now|
|Follow Us on Linkedin||Join Now|
|Follow Us on Instagram||Join Now|