Solar Technician Certificate program
Solar Technician Certificate program is a three months course taught in Online learning mode. This program is designed to train technicians who can install, maintain and promote the uses of Solar appliances. We ensure solar technicians are equipped with the know how and best practices to install solar plants, which provides end customers with an assurance that they will receive a high-quality installation. The tailored certification training puts you at the forefront of best practices.
After going through this course the student will be able to:
- Understand the Basic Principles of Solar Technology,
- Solar Cooker, Water Heater, Solar Photovoltaic Lighting System,
- Solar Water Pumping etc. install, maintain and promote the uses of solar applications.
Unit 1: Basic Principles in Solar Technology – (10 Credits)
Unit 1: Solar Thermal Conversion :
- Principles of Solar Radiation,
- Solar Collector,
- Absorption of radiation and Conversion to Thermal Energy,
- Collection & Storage of Thermal Energy,
- Solar Photovoltaic Cells.
Unit 2: Solar Cookers
Flat plate Box Type Solar Cooker, Advantages of Solar Cooker, Limitations, Cooking time, Precautions while using a solar cooker, Concentration type solar cooker, Basket type solar cooker etc.
Unit 3 : Domestic & Industrial Water Heaters
Domestic Solar Water Heater, Industrial Solar Water Heater, System Installation & Test.
Unit 4: Solar Dryer
Cabinet type Solar Dryer, Bamboo types Solar Dryer.
Unit 5: Solar Distillation
Simple Solar Distillation Plant and Conical.
Unit 6: Solar Photovoltaic Lighting System
Principle of Photovoltaic lighting system, Solar Array, Battery Bank, Electronic Controller, Inverter, Maintenance of Battery, Trouble shooting, Basics of Lead-Acid Batteries, Discharge limits of Lead-Acid batteries.
Unit 7: Solar Water Pumping
Solar photovoltaic pumping system, SPV modules, Water pump.
We ensure solar technicians are equipped with the know how and best practices to install solar plants, which provides end customers with an assurance that they will receive a high-quality installation. The tailored certification training puts you at the forefront of best practices.
On successful completion of the module, you will be able to
- Those completing this module can find employment in the nodal agencies of the Ministry of Non-conventional Energy Sources, voluntary agencies and other organizations promoting the technology at district and block levels.
- Entrepreneurial opportunities is also be available in terms of opening shops for spare parts, servicing and sale of solar devices.
The information above reflects the currently intended course structure and module details. Updates may be made on an annual basis and revised details will be published through Programme Specifications ahead of each academic year. The regulations governing this course are available on our website.